[Honeywall] Walleye Web interface, no data

svoemel at rumms.uni-mannheim.de svoemel at rumms.uni-mannheim.de
Mon Sep 10 06:51:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been facing the same problems for a couple of weeks weeks as
well. I have installed the current version of roo several times. All
connections, events, and  alerts are correctly logged under /var/log/.
I confirm that walleye stops displaying them after some time as Walid
says. Restarting the honeywall only solves the problem for a few hours.

I guess the connection to the mysql database is interrupted at some
point and not re-established again. Analyzing the data with additional
tools such as ethereal, honeysnap, and snortalog would be possible but
cumbersome.

I greatly appreciate any ideas on the issue.

Best regards,

Stefan