[Honeywall] Fwd: help needed in configuration of honeywall

Rob McMillen rvmcmil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:28:50 EDT 2008

I think a picture of the network setup and what is virtual and what is
not would be a great start.  Also a honeynet.conf ( a freshly dumped
one after you have completely configured your system).

I've been running virtual honeynets for a while without issues, and I
use them for development and testing.  I have a vmware server running
on linux host with 4 nics.  My honeywall has two bridged nics:

1 bridged to the internet (honeywall eth0).
1 bridged to my private network  (honeywall eth2) <= for management
interface so other systems on my private network can access the
walleye interface.
My final honeywall nic (eth1) is a virtual network and is connected to
the same virtual network as my honeypot.

My current internet connectivity is limited as I have moved and I am
just now moving into a home.  I will have some time this weekend to
bring up my development server that has been in storage for the past
few months because I did not have a house to put it in :)

I will make a step by step doc with screen captures of how I
setup/configure my virtual honeynet ( to include my honeywall and my
honeypot(s) ) in vmware server.  Once I get done with this document, I
will post it on the honeywall wiki.  It will be similar to the one I
did for sebek: https://projects.honeynet.org/sebek/wiki/Building%20and%20Installing%20Sebek%20client%20in%20Ubuntu%20Server%207.10

Apologies for being absent, but a new job made me move and the move
has not been very smooth.  I should have reliable internet by the end
of next week.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

P.S.  By the way, what version of the honeywall are you using?