[Honeywall] Suggestion and request for roo 1.4

Jefferson, Shawn Shawn.Jefferson at bcferries.com
Sun Jul 27 13:40:31 EDT 2008

I think that any tracert would either have to go out via the honeywall management interface or from your management client.  Either way, you would be sending packets to the attacker's machine/network.  If this is added as a feature, I'd hope it would be optional and off by default.

As far as I know, there is no way to get a postal address for an ip (other than the whois info.). I could be wrong though.