[Honeywall] Re: Honeywall Digest, Vol 14, Issue 29

Earl esammons at hush.com
Tue Jul 29 20:20:54 EDT 2008

I agree with Rob... "What do you mean by manually?"

In the mean time, if you either:

(a) have repos other than the honeynet repo enabled and its dying
on them
check this with 'hwrepoconf --show'
only "honeynet.repo" should be enabled (enabled=1)

fix this by doing 'hwrepoconf --defaults'
(no dialog love here, CLI only)

(b) don't have [management] dns configured
'cat /etc/resolv.conf'
'hwctl HwMANAGE_DNS'

fix this by doing 'hwctl -r HwMANAGE_DNS=your.dns.ip'
or somewhere in dialog

Earl