[Honeywall] Complete Network failure

Bill McCarty wbmccarty at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:41:46 EDT 2008

CaNe, one possible cause is misidentification of interfaces. If the eth1
interface is (incorrectly) connected to the LAN segment including the
routers, packet multiplication will occur. That is, every LAN packet
appearing on eth0 will be re-sent via to the LAN eth1. Effectively, this
subjects the LAN to a DoS attack.

HTH.

Cheers,

--