[Honeywall] trouble installing honeywall - "Could not allocate requested partitions"

Jonas Pfoh pfoh at sec.in.tum.de
Mon Aug 10 09:12:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am having an issue installing honeywall onto a machine.  The error
message that we get is the following:

Could not allocate requested partitions:
Partitioning failed: Could not allocate
partitions as primary partitions.

Not enough space left to create partition
for /.

Press 'OK' to reboot your system

It seems that this problem is quite prevalent with users trying to
install honeywall in a VM, however this is not the case with our
install.  We are trying to install directly onto hardware.  Any ideas
what the issue might be??  We are installing onto a raid array, could
this cause issues??

any help is appreciated.
-Jonas Pfoh