[Honeywall] Know Your Enemy: GenII Honeynet -- Clarification

Vincent R Ragosta vrr6 at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 26 13:36:02 EDT 2010

I was reviewing the article above on the Honeynet.org website and am a
bit confused by something I read.  It states that one of the reasons
that they honeywall is difficult to detect is because there is no MAC
address associated with the gateway.  Is this a misprint?  I thought the
honeywall was a layer2 bridge and therefore would have a MAC address
associated with it.

Can someone please clarify what the article was trying to convey?

Thanks.

Vincent