[Honeywall] honeywall 1.4 system update, hflow, snort, problems

Earl Sammons earl.sammons at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:50:29 CST 2011

Simple answer is because no info exists.  There has been no active
maint/dev on the Honeywall in a long time.  Personally, I finish my
Masters program in May of this year and may return to the scene after
that.

With a bit of a turn of tide in attack vectors and malware collection
/ research methods I wonder just how relevant the Honeywall (current
functional model) is these days and moving forward?  Is it time to
re-think the architecture?  Is it even worth spending time on?  Should
we scrap it and spend our time somewhere else?

Earl